Q: MY car use to jerk at 700 and at 500 rpm it will quench. Injector, cam camshaft sensor, and spark plugs have already been changed.

asked by on December 27, 2016

Two weeks after servicing my car in August. I washed the eugine for the first time since i bought it in 2012, I started hearing a funny sound from my eugine. The mechanic loosed the eugine and discovered the issue. The sound issue was tackled. AFter that MY car started jerking at 700 rpm and at 500 rpm it will quench, sometime it will on and off immediately. also sometimes when the ignation is start an iron sharp sound is heard from the eugine. Injector, cam camshaft sensor and plugs have already been changed on September this year yet the issue persist. Pls what else will I do?

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote

Hi there. When the engine was washed off, water could have gotten into the air box and onto the air filter causing the engine to suck up some water when it was started. This could have caused the engine to burn out the spark plugs and causing the cylinders to have a slight misfire. Check the spark plugs and see if the have burn marks. If they do, then replace the spark plugs with OEM specified plugs. Also, I recommend replacing the engine air filter if it was wet. If you need further assistance with your engine jerking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.