Q: Oil pan leak - how much should it cost to fix?

asked by on August 24, 2016

My charge to fix change this out is going to be 1700.00 and I was just wondering if that is horribly high or kind of common in a small town?

Hello. Repairing an oil pan leak on that model of vehicle is a fairly involved job that requires removal of the turbo, and jacking up the engine to access the pan. The oil pan gasket is also made of a flexible epoxy that must completely removed, as opposed to a one piece gasket. I would recommend checking with other shops as prices will vary from shop to shop. I would also recommend checking in on our website, to see if we will be able to perform an oil pan replacement in your area.