Q: Problem with torque converter or camshaft sensor

My car is giving me an error code for the torque converter. From what I know, it may just be the camshaft sensor. I need advice on what it could be and how to proceed.

Having your Volkswagen’s code is a great place to start. Reading Error code P0741 or Volkswagen manufacturer code 17125, means that the torque converter is not functioning as it should. The first thing to check is the level of the transmission fluid. Low fluid will prevent the torque converter from doing its job. There are also a couple of pressure valves that can prevent the torque converter from working if they fail. Another possibility is that the torque converter itself has failed. To be 100% certain however, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over your car with you. They will have the tools and knowledge needed to identify the source of your VW’s problem and they will also be able to make the repairs needed to keep your check engine light off and have your transmission shifting smooth.