Q: Died while driving cranks but won't start what could it be?

Driving home from work and all the sudden it was like the key was turned off. Truck will crank but won't start, replaced ignition coil didn't do it, pulled codes 116, 636, 114 so they gave me nothing. Please help. Could it be the Idle air intake valve?

Hello. Typically when you have these symptoms you want to focus on air, fuel and spark. If you already replaced the ignition coil, and know you are getting spark to the plugs, turn your attention to the fuel system. You can do this by testing for fuel pressure at the engine with an in-line gauge. If they test below the pressure spec, you will want to consider replacing both the pump and filter. If you have dual tanks, look further into the system before deciding what needs to be replaced. The idle air intake valve would be the next component to look into. Make sure it is clean, dry, and tight as any leaks will cause the valve to lose pressure. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Died while driving cranks but won't start what could it be?