Q: I turned it on it hesitated

today whenever I turned on my car it hesitated. It turned off, then I pushed the brake and accelerated at the same time and it turned on. It seems to run good but whenever I'm driving in low speed limits it feels like it loses it power and like it wants to turn off. Also I need new brakes so can you tell me what could possibly be the problem

This may be related to a dirty or failing idle air control valve. This regulates the air intake coming into the engine as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this dirty or not working properly, this may cause an imbalanced load of fuel and air to be supplied to the motor which may cause this kind of stalling. This is usually due to an over fueling or under fueling situation. Regarding your brakes, as you know, when the brake pads reach a specific thickness they will tend to squeak which is usually what is called a wear mark indicator signaling that it may be time to replaced the pads. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose this hesitation issue and make repairs.

3. I turned it on it hesitated