Q: car cuts out or looses power when going in to corners at low speed

car starts fine no misfire can drive for as long as you want but have to be careful on some corners even if its a gentle bend has happened several times where it's either cut out or lost power slightly i've checked EGR valve looks clear have been recommended to check idle air control vale and PCV just need to sort it out before it gets worse

The car type is a Ford mondeo LX

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in. When it comes...

Hello. Thanks for writing in. When it comes to situations like this, always keep it simple. Seeing that the steering is the only issue contribution factor, its likely the pump is going bad. The power steering pump uses engine power provided by the drive belts to assist with steering. If the pump is causing extra strain the system, your engine will inevitably take on the extra load. This is why when you are turning, the engine feels like its losing power. Its because you are. The first thing you can do is check the level of the power steering fluid, and make sure the extra stress isn’t caused by a lack of fluid. If the fluid is full, you can test the pressure of the power steering fluid. If it tests low during a turn, then you need to replace the pump. Do some more inspection, but your issue likely pertains to the power steering system.