Q: Car dead

I forgot to close the door tightly draining the battery in my car. I tried to jumpstart it, but the cables sparked and I heard a noise when I connected the cable.

A: Hi there. A slightly open car door will lea...

Hi there. A slightly open car door will leave your dome light on causing your battery to drain. If your battery drains completely it will need to be charged by a battery charger. A jump will only work if your battery as some power left in it. I recommend having a mechanic charge your battery and do a load test on it. This load test will ensure that your battery can still handle the strain that the starter and ignition coil put on it. If you need help, have your battery inspected by a professional mechanic from YourMechanic at your home or office.