Q: Sunroof has stopped working

asked by on May 11, 2016

My sunroof won't open. Fortunately when it broke, it was closed. I do a bit of my own car repairs and I can't find the fuse to replace in the panel. Where can I find it?

The system is powered by the #8, 10 amp fuse located under the dash on the left side of the fuse box. This fuse powers the power window relay in the same box, then a circuit breaker powers through the relay. If you are getting power to the blue and white stipe wire at the sunroof control motor then you are getting power.

As far as the rest of the system, I would recommend getting a wiring diagram or a mechanic to come and test it to diagnose the failure. You may have a bad motor and tapping the motor while trying to move the window will tell you if it is going bad. If it is closed, then I would leave it to a certified mechanic to fix your sunroof. Some mechanisms are dangerous to work on.