Q: Fuel bank sensor

asked by on August 20, 2016

I've had a diagnostic done on my BMW 325i E46, and been told that the fuel bank /trims are faulty. Is anyone able to tell me if this is an big job? Or expensive job to have replaced.

Ignition Coil Replacement $116.03 - $516.36 Get a Quote
Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote
75 Point Safety Inspection Get a Quote

There are a few things that can cause vehicles fuel trims to vary from normal. A vacuum leak is a big thing. Broken or worn crankcase ventilation hoses and gaskets that are failing to seal can cause lean conditions. If you have a malfunctioning ignition coil or leaking fuel injector this is another case that can throw off the fuel trims. Saying that the fuel bank / trims are faulty still means that there is some diagnosing though. You will need to have a more complete diagnosis or a more specific description of the faulty components in order to verify whether this is a small or expensive job.