Q: Engine cranks but wont run. Power not reaching fuel pump

I have a 2000 toyota avensis engine= 1.6 4afe that me and my brother mess about in. It was left sitting for 2 months with very little petrol. Last week i connected the battery and it started. I then turned it off, Quarter filled it with fuel and tried to start it again with no luck. I have tested the fuel pump on its own and it works. But i cannot get it to run when turning the key.i think it is a relay problem . What do you think is the problem ?

A: This sounds like you may not have any power...

This sounds like you may not have any power going to the fuel pump relay. The relay wires should have ground on two wires, power on one wire and switched power on another wire. To activate the fuel pump your ECU actually connects one of the ground wires to complete the circuit and send power to the fuel pump. If the wires all have power running through them, then it is likely you have a faulty relay. The wire coming from the fuel pump is the other ground wire. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your wiring as this can be very difficult and time consuming without the proper wiring diagram.