Q: Security light on, new key fob cannot be programed

After I turn off the car and open the door, the message center starts showing the security light flashing. I recently bought this car and it didn't have any key fobs. So, I bought OEM key fobs, but I wasn't able to program it. I attempted to do it as per instructions. The vehicle's unlock button should be pressed while the ignition is being cycled on and off, two times. Then, it would unlock and lock itself, after letting go off the switch. I tried all that but it just didn't work. What should I do?

Hello. Your key fob needs to be programmed to your car for it to work. There are a couple of ways this can be done. You could take the key fobs back to the dealership and have them program them to the car. This will however, be the most expensive option. The second option is to have a locksmith come and program the key fob for you.