Q: Brake pedal sinks

Brake pedal sinks, I added fluid, it wasn't very low.brakes was good before. It keeps taking fluid. I haven't seen any signs of leaks at calipers, master cylinder, or under dash. Pedal will feel good when sitting if I pump it. Once key is turned it sinks. And yes my check engine soon light comes on shortly after driving. Could this be the master cylinder?

A: This is a sign of a potential vacuum leak i...

This is a sign of a potential vacuum leak in the brake booster. When there is not enough vacuum in the brake booster, this will cause a hydraulic pressure drop resulting in a soft brake pedal. If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location and help you with a Brake pedal is lower than usual Inspection to confirm that this is the issue, and also help to perform a Brake Booster Vacuum Pump Replacement to repair this issue.