Q: Why does my interior lights flash on and off sometimes when I flip my dimmer switch?

asked by on October 15, 2016

Why does my dome light flash on and off sometimes when I flip my dimmer switch? And my dash lights stay dim some times?

Hello and thank you for contacting Your Mechanic.
The dimmer switch has a connection for the dome light and controls the dash lights with using resistance. The problem is the dimmer switch contacts have corrosion inside them and have created a cross path of current to the dome light. I recommend replacing the dimmer switch. If you need assistance in removing and replacing the dimmer switch, seek out a professional, preferably a Your Mechanic professional to help you with your dimmer switch.