Q: wind noise in doors

I noticed excessive wind noise at higher speeds or when cross winds are encountered while driving my GMC Envoy XL with the Denali package. I have about other people describing the same problem. The Consumer Reports also noted the noise. The sound appears to be coming from the door seals rather than from the windows. General Motors response to the issue is to label it a "characteristic" of the vehicle. Do you have any ideas on how to fix the wind noise? Thank you.

A: I'm not sure if the wind noise can be e...

I'm not sure if the wind noise can be eliminated due to the shape of your 2005 GMC Envoy, but you may be able to reduce it to a more tolerable level. If you have a roof rack, I've heard that removing the crossbars gets rid of some wind noise. You can also check your door seals and that can be the source of some noise. You can check this yourself by using a fifty dollar bill (a one dollar bill will work as well). Just lay it on your front door seal and close the door on the bill. Slowly pull it out and feel for resistance. There should be some drag. Move it a over bit and do it again. Repeat all the way around the door. You'll discover how loose or tight your door seals are and may decide to replace them.