Q: 2003 Ford F-150 with an ABS light on

My ABS light is coming on from my 2003 Ford F-150. How can I fix it?

Watch my video "fixing ABS brake problems on your car." You cannot work on ABS brake systems without a dealer-level computer. That’s just how they are. They are complex feedback computer-run systems. They measure the speed of your wheels with speed sensors. They work with the computer run ABS module that can turn your brake system on and off hundreds of times in a second. There is really nothing on it that you can fix yourself. You need a computer like that in order to analyze it. If you are not a mechanic and you aren’t going to buy something that costs thousands of dollars, you can get in touch with a professional, such as one from YourMechanic to check your ABS Light out for you. That is just how the ABS systems are. They are very complex and you can’t really work on them yourself. You can guess but the parts are expensive and there are a lot of parts to be guessing with. For example, the ABS air module can cost 1200 bucks, which can be a very hefty price - especially if the car is not fully diagnosed.

3. 2003 Ford F-150 with an ABS light on