Q: Check engine light. Motor knock

I suspect the VVT solenoid is bad. The check engine light comes on. Can a defective VVT solenoid cause a knocking sound from the engine

Hi there:

If the VVT solenoid is sending false data to the ECU, it will illuminate the check engine light after an error code is created. In order to determine what is causing the engine knocking noise, you’ll need to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. Once they download the codes, they can determine if the VVT solenoid is the source of your engine noise issue and needs to be replaced.