Q: Car sputters and runs rough upon acceleration. 1995 BMW 318i

asked by on August 31, 2016

The car has been having acceleration problems lately. It starts well. There is no problem during idling either. However, when I start driving and start accelerating, the car begins sputtering and running rough. What might cause this?

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote
Ignition Cable (Spark plug wires) Replacement $108.29 - $457.90 Get a Quote
Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 1995 BMW 318i. This problem is usually caused by worn out spark plugs and spark plug wires. When the spark plugs are worn out they don’t fire as well during acceleration. If the spark plug wires are bad this will make the problem worse. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection in order to pinpoint the hesitation problem and make the necessary repairs.