Q: It seems my timing tensioner needs replacement. It wanted to confirm

I have a slapping sound which I believe to be the timing belt tensioner being worn . There is 1 mark on the part. And 3 metal marks next to it. Of the 3, 2 are close together at the top. The 3rd is further down. The tensioner marrk lines up to in between the 2nd and 3rd mark. Belt itself looks fine.

The noise can be isolated to the serpentine belt circuit (versus other sources) by just disconnecting the drive belt and BRIEFLY running the engine. If the noise disappears, then the issue is obviously a rotating element in the circuit and/or the tensioner (could be more than one source of noise, too). To isolate the issue, and have the tensioner replaced, if necessary, the service to request is drive belt tensioner inspection/replacement. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. It seems my timing tensioner needs replacement. It wanted to confirm