Q: Fuel pump not getting enough power

asked by on August 13, 2017

The fuel pump isn't getting the required 12 volts of power we have checked the inertia switch the Ignition module and all the relays they work fine and the fuel pump is new

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It sounds like you may have an electrical wiring problem. Typically, you should have 4 wires (2 with ground, one with power and one with switched power) that are working to complete the circuit. The ECM will connect one of the ground wires to complete the circuit activating the fuel pump. These types of electrical issues can be very difficult and time consuming to trace. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect the truck.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr