Q: Hi, My Nissan Tiida (versa) 2011 does not move forward when i put the gear on Drive, 2 or 1 for 20-30 seconds. Reverse had no prob

When I start my car early in the morning, It wont go forward when i switch to drive, 2 or 1 gears for almost 1 minute. Doing reverse is never a problem. Model: Nissan Tiida (Versa 2011) 1.8L

Your vehicle uses what’s referred to as a continuously variable transmission (CVT). This type of transmission uses two pulleys and a belt to achieve the desired gear ratio, instead of a gear set used in a traditional transmission. Over time, internal transmission components become worn. This wear is often more evident when the transmission is cold, before the fluid is able to heat up and expand. It sounds like your transmission is on the way out. I recommend having a professional diagnose your transmission firsthand. YourMechanic is an excellent option because we come to your home or office.

3. Hi, My Nissan Tiida (versa) 2011 does not move forward when i put the gear on Drive, 2 or 1 for 20-30 seconds. Reverse had no prob