Q: Car shaking at start and check engine light on

asked by on December 21, 2016

I started the car and the check engine light came on and the car engine seemed to take awhile to warm up and the car was shaking. recently have taken the car across the pass and in very cold temperatures lately, not sure if this could be influencing it.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the engine has a misfire and needs a proper diagnosis to determine the cause. There are many things that can cause the misfire: ignition, fuel, air, mechanical, etc... The check engine light flashes to indicate a misfire severe enough to damage the catalytic converter. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.