Q: Speedometer is registering half speed

My 2002 Nissan Maxima 6-speed manual is registering half the speed it's going. I'm not sure how to fix the issue. I've changed the speedometer and it didn't fix the problem. And everywhere on the net only shows the automatic speed sensor. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Hi there. Most of the time this is caused by a bad vehicle speed sensor. This is a common failure on this vehicle. When the sensor fails it either stops reading or it reads improperly. It can also be an electrical issue with the circuit, but that is not nearly as common. If you are planning on having your speedometer fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Speedometer is registering half speed