Q: Hard to keep wheel straight

It was icy outside i was going maybe 10mph making a right turn. Wheels didnt turn when i turned and hit the curb..instead of turning into i fought it.Drove 20min home seen rim was bent. Car still shakes and steering is rough especially when i turn even after rim was changed. Car sways left and right while im trying to drive straight. What did I mess up..What needs to be fixed and how much parts and labor wise.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The extent of the damage you are going to need to look for will depend on how hard the vehicle hit the curb. With the speed you were going, damage could have been done, but it should not be anything major. You may have damaged a control arm, steering rack, tie rod, or part of the wheel assembly. The forces from the hit will travel up until they find the weakest point. If the damage to one of these major components is bad enough, the vehicle should not be driven. Most damage can be spotted with relative ease when the vehicle has been lifted. Do a visual inspection of the steering and suspension components, and take further diagnosis from there. For more help with the loose steering, contact our service department.

3. Hard to keep wheel straight