Q: Will a 02 chevy impala transmission fit 05 monte carlo

Tryna put 02 Chevy impala transmission into 05 Monte Carlo.. Will it work

I looked up the two applications. The two transmissions are different and, in particular, the transmission control module and PCM and the wiring harness on your 2005 Monte Carlo will not be compatible with the controls on the 2002 Impala transmission. If you are looking for a transmission for your 2005 Monte Carlo, simply go to Car-Part.com and you will find an exact match for your car (there are many listed). Transmission swaps on modern computer controlled vehicles must be exact matches because if you attempt to use a transmission that is not cataloged as a direct cross reference, you will find that the engine and transmission computers are not interchangeable. Consequently, even if you can get a "different" transmission to physically fit, it will not operate properly and the PCM will spit out error codes. If you are interested in a transmission replacement (OEM to OEM), YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.