Q: Car makes a loud sound every time I start my car, at idle, and when driving at low speeds

When i press the brakes the reoccurring sound goes away, and when the car moves at a faster speed the sound goes away, but when the car is at a stand still the sounds comes back.I'm not sure if this is because of the high mileage and it's getting to that time where the car is going to die soon, or there's a problem i need to fix.

A: Hello. The first thing to check would be yo...

Hello. The first thing to check would be your fluid levels. I'm not sure what type of noise you have, but ticking noises at idle can be linked to a low oil level. If there is a vacuum leak, the should may be more prominent at idle then fade as the engine speed increases. A vacuum leak would generally turn on the Check Engine Light as well. I recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the hard start and advise you on any repairs.