Q: Power sliding door stuck open after van was jump started.

Battery died. Manually opened electric passenger sliding door to get jumper cables. We jump started the car but now the power sliding door won't close. The electric cable won't release any slack to allow us to shut the door. Help, please! It's snowing outside!

Hi there. In most cases, this issue is caused by the electrical motor being locked due to the battery swap. The only way to resolve this problem is to have a professional mechanic replace the motor. In the meantime, you can manually close your door. If you look in the driver’s side rear wheel well, you’ll see a plastic cover to the front of the wheel well. This protects the filler neck and the switch from crud and debris. Remove the tire, a couple of screw and boby buttons and the cover will come off. You can then find the manual release for the side door. If you’re not able to complete this on your own, a professional mechanic can complete this for you.

3. Power sliding door stuck open after van was jump started.