Q: Car vibrating when accelerating

asked by on February 17, 2016

My car vibrates when I accelerate.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Depending on the vibration, this can be caused by broken engine mounts. The mounts are meant to absorb the vibration of the engine as it runs. When mounts break, the rubber that absorbs the vibrations can break off completely and leave metal to metal contact. This causes you to feel all of the engines vibrations, and at times may even sound like a rattle. Your vehicle has three engine mounts and two transmission mounts. A certified mechanic will be able to check these and determine why your car is vibrating.