Q: ABS and Service Traction Control lights on

asked by on February 04, 2016

My ABS and Service Traction Control lights have come on.

ABS Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Traction Control Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Typically when both of these come on at the same time it is because of a failing wheel speed sensor. I would start though by checking the brake fluid level, as low brake fluid can also cause this. If the fluid level is fine then a mechanic would then scan the brake control module for codes to see why it is turning the lights on. It can be a number of things that are causing this, but a front wheel speed sensor is by far the most common on this vehicle. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your ABS light and Traction Control Light to determine what is causing the issue for both.