Q: What's wrong with my car

My oil light came on while driving .. I immediately pulled over and as I'm pulling over the car engine shuts down... I add oil and sit for about 10 minutes.. Cranked it up and I drove home.... Well this afternoon I checked the oil and every other fluid as well before leaving for work... As I'm 3 minutes away from my job ... The oil light started flickering when I pressed the breaks.. So I speed to work because now the light won't turn off.. As I'm turning to park ... The car starts smoking and shuts off once again.. Can you please tell me what's wrong with my car??

The oil light will come on if the oil pressure drops too low for adequate lubrication of moving parts in the engine. If the light does come on, you should quickly shut off the engine, but only once you are safely out of traffic, otherwise you risk engine damage within seconds, a minute at the most. Oil pressure could be be low enough to activate the warning light because there is not enough oil in the oil pan to pump; the oil pump is weak; there is a blockage in an oil gallery; or the clearance in the engine bearings has become so large that oil sprays out too easily and consequently the pump cannot maintain the minimum required oil pressure. YourMechanic could measure your oil pressure using gauges and diagnose the cause of the low pressure. The remedies will vary depending on the cause.