Q: Car will start and go to gear but only revs up but won't move

asked by on April 20, 2017

My car will start fine and when I was driving it to work it started to just rev and at first wouldn't go past 25mph then when I pulled over and checked all my fluids it was fine. So I started it back up and it sounded normal but when I put it into drive and hit the gas it wouldn't move at all. No check engine lights came on, no weird noises, no smell it just won't move but will rev up each time I hit the gas as if it was in neutral.

This problem is going to be an internal transmission front pump not pumping enough pressure or the clutches are bad in the transmission. I recommend having a transmission mechanic test the transmission for solenoid and pressure problems and recommend further repairs needed. You may need a transmission overhaul.