Q: What do the different alarms mean?

What do the different alarms mean?

Your car is equipped with a security system, but it also has an intelligent monitoring system that will alert you to certain conditions by sounding the alarm. Here’s what you need to know about the alarms and the action you need to take with each:

• Alarm goes off for two seconds: Take the key out of the passenger side of the car and relock the doors.

• Alarm goes off for a full minute: Turn the ignition off and lock the doors.

• Alarm goes off for 10 seconds: Close the doors and lock them.

• Alarm goes off and doesn’t stop: Put the transmission in park.

• Interior alarm beeps and won’t stop: Close the door on the driver side, or turn the ignition off.

• Interior and exterior alarms go off and won’t stop: The battery in your key is dying – replace it. It might also mean that you tried to start the car without the right key.

• Interior alarm and exterior alarm go off three times in a row: The electronic key has been removed from inside the vehicle while the ignition is on.

3. What do the different alarms mean?