Q: REFUELING VENT VALVE on 2001 ALTIMA, need to drop tank?

DO i need to drop the gas tank to replace this or is there another way to get to it to replace it. this is a 3 port white plastic valve mounted top back of gas tank underneath the car

My car has 134000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

A: Hi there - no, it is not necessary to drop ...

Hi there - no, it is not necessary to drop the tank to replace the refueling vent valve. However, it would be helpful to have the least amount of fuel possible in the fuel tank, simply to minimize spillage while replacing the valve. The valve is adjacent to the tank, and at the same level, so this is "under the car" work, and there will certainly be gas splashed about if you're allergic. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic offers at this time. Check with your local Nissan service center for this repair.