Q: Center colum under console/armrest gets very hot at times. AC and heat work fine. It gets so he that I feel it's unsafe.

asked by on August 27, 2016

The area under the center console between passenger seats gets very hot at times. AC & heat work fine. Any clue?

This is common due to the fact that just underneath this area is where the transmission and drive train is located which generates a lot of heat. I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to inspect the car to be sure the proper heat shields are intact in this area underneath the vehicle.