Q: Car making noise when turning.

asked by on December 17, 2015

My car is making weird noises when I drive, especially when I turn the wheels.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, without hearing the noise, lets start with the two most common causes. If it is a moaning or groan type of noise, the first thing to be check is the level of the power steering fluid. If the fluid is low, there might be a leak that needs to be repaired. If the nose is a clicking noise at slow speeds while turning, that could be the constant velocity joint (cv joint) on the front half shafts. The half shaft are what connect the transmission to the front wheels to propel the vehicle forward. The cv joints are movable joints with bearings that allow the axle to move with the front suspension and allow the wheels to turn. As the bearings wear along with the housing the bearings ride in, they become noisy, click, click ,click. Now if it is not one of these two noises you may need to enlist the aid of a mechanic to narrow down the noise.