Q: I recently replaced the radiator and thermostat and bled the lines now my car is overheating and I'm trying to find out if it's th

I recently replaced the radiator thermostat and flushed out the lines and bled the radiator now my car is overheating again I'm trying to find out if it's the water pump

You should be able see the fluid circulating with the cap off. Begin with a cool engine, take the cap off and allow the engine to warm up to normal temperature. When the thermostat opens, you should be able to see the water pump circulating the coolant through the system. You will also want to keep an eye on the temperature gauge to be sure it doesn’t overheat while doing this. Also, as the engine warms up, be sure the cooling fans are coming on.

As a side note, it has been my experience that this generation of engine has an inherent flaw that traps air in the system and can be very difficult to bleed. On these engines, I used a vacuum assisted machine to fill and bleed the cooling system.

• I recently replaced the radiator and thermostat and bled the lines now my car is overheating and I'm trying to find out if it's th