Q: Smoke from engine and checked with nearby line lube express in petrol station. They said it's a problem with AC compressor bearing.

asked by on November 30, 2016

Smoke from Bonet and bit noise other than engine noise , AC fan is running but no cooling. Nearby line express guys say it's due to jam in AC compressor bearing

Heating AC Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The seal on the compressor to the air conditioning system has a leak and caused the oil and refrigerant to leak out of the compressor. The bearings on the compressor shaft are lubricated with the oil in the compressor. If you are seeing smoke from the compressor, then the bearing is getting hot causing the oil to burn, or the oil is getting on the exhaust system and burning off. Check the compressor for any signs of oil leakage. If the seal is leaking, then I suggest replacing the compressor and recharging the a/c system. If you need further assistance with your a/c system not working and smoke appearing under the hood when the a/c clutch is active, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.