Q: I put a fuel injector cleaner in my car and had been stalling at a stop and lags when I'm driving. New fuel filter, still stalling out.

asked by on March 06, 2017

Before changing the fuel filter yesterday, I was driving home and could smell something burning. Parked it immediatly. It dies at a complete stop, sometimes. While I'm driving it sometimes goes down 1,000 rpm then I accelerate and it stops. I dont know if the fuel pump needs replaced and it clean the fuel tank. I just need to get pointed in the right direction

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

For the condition of the engine rpm’s changing either the Idle Air Control valve is not working properly and needs cleaned out or the EGR valve is sticking causing the engine to bog down and stall out. I recommend taking both parts off and cleaning them and then putting them back on. If the issue still remains, then check the throttle position sensor and the Mass Air Flow sensor to see if they are working. The MAF sensor will cause other sensors to malfunction if it is not working properly. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.