Q: Airbag light on - 1995 Porsche 968

The battery in my car emptied out the other day. I had it charged. Then, the dashboard started showing the airbag light illuminated. The light comes on when I start the engine. It turns off several several seconds afterwards. However, the airbag light then turns on again but remains illuminated until I shut off the engine. Is there any way to reset the light?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. Does the battery on your 1995 Porsche 968 discharge by itself, or was a light was left on? Batteries do not discharge by themselves without either being a problem with the vehicle such as a failing battery, failing alternator, or a component such as a light was left on. The first step would be to have a a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, load test the battery. From there, if the battery and charging system was good then there may be a problem in the airbag system, which we can inspect as well.

3. Airbag light on - 1995 Porsche 968