Q: Airbag light on - 1995 Porsche 968

The battery in my car emptied out the other day. I had it charged. Then, the dashboard started showing the airbag light illuminated. The light comes on when I start the engine. It turns off several several seconds afterwards. However, the airbag light then turns on again but remains illuminated until I shut off the engine. Is there any way to reset the light?

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. Does th...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. Does the battery on your 1995 Porsche 968 discharge by itself, or was a light was left on? Batteries do not discharge by themselves without either being a problem with the vehicle such as a failing battery, failing alternator, or a component such as a light was left on. The first step would be to have a a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, load test the battery. From there, if the battery and charging system was good then there may be a problem in the airbag system, which we can inspect as well.