Blowing water out of radiator sentra 2004 nissan l4-1.8l

Q: Blowing water out of radiator

asked by on March 03, 2017

My car is blowing water out of the radiator. Ive recently had the motor replaced, and didn't have any issues for more than 10 days. the temperature hand indicates the system is overheating, but the motor isnt hot. the water is clear, and the car is not showing any other signs of a blown head gasket, but my dad insists thats what it is. I just sank $700 into a motor and would like to avoid doing so again. What could it possibly be? he checked the thermostat and even replaced it with a new one, still no luck. So its not the thermostat sticking, either.

An overheating problem is commonly caused by either an obstruction within the cooling system, or the heater core which reduces the coolant’s ability to circulate through the motor and back to the radiator to be cooled. Another cause of overheating is if the water pump is not working, so it can’t circulate water through the block or the fan not working to cool the previously heated coolant. If you want to avoid another engine swap, it is a good idea to have a professional mechanic to come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your problem and recommend the right repairs.