Q: Unknown oil leak in a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant

What appears to be oil started leaking from underneath the car. I'm not sure if it is engine oil or transmission oil. We cant find the source.

It can be difficult to determine which fluid is leaking as transmission oil and engine oil eventually turn black if they have not been serviced. Power steering fluid is another common fluid leak most cars experience. A technician must first determine where the leak is coming from and which fluid is escaping. The first step is checking the system levels on their dipsticks.

3. Unknown oil leak in a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant