Q: We changed the alternator and battery and it ran for 24 hours and now it's doing the same thing and will run for 2 mins and die

Our car was dying , head lights went out stereo went out so husband changed the alternator and it wasent that so he changed the battery and it started right up ran for alittle over a day and now it's doing it again , we just bought this car a week ago . Only thing we can think of is maybe a wiring problem maybe , husband thinks maybe in the stereo because there was a performance stereo and they put the stock back in it and now when it was running even when you turned the car off the stereo wouldn't turn off we would have to manually turn the stereo off . He is stumped and don't know what else it could be

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues with the wiring, or it may be an issue with the replacement starter. Start by checking the condition of the starter cables, the battery’s ground connection, and the connection to the alternator. While the stereo may be part of the problem, by reinstalling the old stereo you may have created an extra issue. Concentrate on the charging system first. Then worry about the radio later. Also make sure the replacement alternator is checked to confirm it’s still working. While it does not happen often, the replacement parts can fail, especially when they are remanufactured. For more help resolving the issue, contact the service department to schedule an appointment.

• We changed the alternator and battery and it ran for 24 hours and now it's doing the same thing and will run for 2 mins and die