Q: Hi I have a 2010 Dodge avenger it starts up fine but the gear shifter seems to be disconnected from the gears it moves freely

Hi

My car has an automatic transmission.the gear shifter seems to be disconnected from the gears what should I do val

I would recommend having your vehicle shifter and the vehicles transmission inspected by a qualified professional for damages. It is abnormal for the shifter to move freely and appear to not select any gear. It is very possible that something is broken under the shifter causing this issue. An inspection of the vehicle would likely reveal what part is broken.

3. Hi I have a 2010 Dodge avenger it starts up fine but the gear shifter seems to be disconnected from the gears it moves freely