Q: Replaced battery and truck still won't start.

asked by on December 29, 2015

My sister's truck won't start. We tried boosting the truck, but the battery won't charge. Even after putting in a new battery, the truck won't start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things depending on what the vehicle does when you try starting it. If it does not crank at all or make any noise then you may have a bad battery cable or a failing starter. If the engine is cranking over and it is just not starting then you may have a fuel system issue or maybe a bad coil. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can thoroughly inspect your truck’s starting system.