Q: Replaced battery and truck still won't start.

My sister's truck won't start. We tried boosting the truck, but the battery won't charge. Even after putting in a new battery, the truck won't start.

Hi there. This can be caused by a number of things depending on what the vehicle does when you try starting it. If it does not crank at all or make any noise then you may have a bad battery cable or a failing starter. If the engine is cranking over and it is just not starting then you may have a fuel system issue or maybe a bad coil. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can thoroughly inspect your truck’s starting system.