Q: I have a 2000 Chevy blazer won't go in 4wD.

asked by on December 12, 2016

The lights are on the 4wd but won't go in gear hi or low.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is a device on the transfer case that makes the mechanical engagement that allows power to be transferred to the front wheels. If the power and ground signals are present here and there is no engagement, suspect the actuator. If the actuator is not receiving the commands to change gears, the switches or controller may be at fault. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at what’s going on with the four wheel drive system to offer a more personal diagnosis.