Q: How do I get my car's miles to show on the dash while the car is on?

Miles want show up on the car

A: Your car has a multi function display that ...

Your car has a multi function display that can show mileage, trip mileage, service intervals, and other information. It sound like you may be having difficulty getting it to display what you want. Your car will either have buttons on the steering wheel, or it may have an extra stalk sticking out of the steering column. By pushing the buttons or the stalk up or down you can scroll through the different display options until you find what you want. On the other hand, if your display is dark, you may have a back lighting bulb out. Replacing this will require removing the instrument panel. If you need assistance with this, by contacting YourMechanic, you can have a qualified technician visit your home or office and replace your instrument lights for you.