Q: What is the correct pressure for my spare and how should I maintain it?

What is the correct pressure for my spare and how should I maintain it?

If you don’t have to use your spare tire regularly, it’s easy to forget it’s even there. However, you need to keep an eye on it. You should check the pressure regularly (at least once a month), and maintain it properly. Here’s what you need to know:

• Set the spare tire to 60 PSI.
  • Inspect it after every use for:
    • Cracks
    • Cuts
    • Gouges
    • Other signs of wear and tear

Tip

Verify the specified spare tire pressure by the driver’s door placard.

• What is the correct pressure for my spare and how should I maintain it?