Q: Does the 2014 Jeep Cherokee has a map sensor

asked by on August 02, 2017

Received the following codes: P2172, U0001, U1424 and U0121.

Yes, your vehicle has a MAP sensor but the code P2172 can set due to quite a few issues other than the MAP sensor such as a stuck-open throttle plate, a failed throttle body, a vacuum leak, and/or an open or short in the wiring harness. The other "U" codes relate to communications errors between various controllers. If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM (that is, the specific codes have caused the light to set) and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) to pinpoint the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.