Q: Hi! I also have white smoke coming out the front of my hood. I took it too a shop and i was told there was no leak or anything. I

Okay so my car started smoking (overheating I’m guessing) while i was driving so i figured it was the coolant. I filled it up and it was fine but did it again the next day. So i went to the shop for an oil change and they checked everything and told me that there isn’t a leak or anything and that the “pipe might start sweating” but that’s it. But it still smokes when i drive for a long time but why?

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check the engine temperature gauge. If the temperature is in the normal (usually mid-way) range, then the vehicle is not overheating. If the vehicle is running hot, though, you can request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you.

Smoke under or from the underhood is abnormal at all times. The smoke could be due to an oil leak (oil hitting a hot engine part and vaporizing), a coolant leak, exhaust leak, or leak of other liquids that hit hot engine surfaces. Some leaks can be a fire hazard and so you should have this investigated and resolved by a competent professional. If you desire, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, can perform an oil/fluid leak inspection and then let you know if any repairs are required. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.