Q: Rear shock knocking on a 2008 Saab

I have a 2008 Saab 9-3, 116,000 miles. I haven't had any problems with it and I've had it for the past 30,000 miles. I've changed all my shocks. My rear shocks started knocking over a pothole.

A: You've changed them all, but did you ch...

You've changed them all, but did you change the mounts on them, too? Because a lot of times, the mounts go bad. Make sure that they are torqued on nice and tight. Because all of the body of your car sends energy to the shock to be absorbed as you hit bumps. So if they are not super tight, they will loosen up. A lot of guys would do the trick that I do often with the cars that have problems and that is I double-knot them. I put two knots on the bolt. So the first one is tight, and then I put another knot on the end of that and lock the two knots together so they can't get loose anymore. A lot of guys double-knot them. It keeps things from getting loose again.