What would cause the car to want to start on its own with...

Q: What would cause the car to want to start on its own with no key in the ignition?

asked by on February 17, 2017

i have a car that when making connection with the positive battery terminal wants to start on its own. i could be outside the vehicle keys in hand and it tries to turn over. i believe the person that owned it befor me put an aftermarket remote start. could that be the issue or is there multiple?

The wires for the battery terminal on the ignition switch is swapped with the starting terminal on the ignition switch and is causing your starter to engage. This would not be caused by the original wiring only if it was tampered with or the remote starter was installed incorrectly. If you need further assistance with your engine starting with no key, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.